“Centre of Functional and Surface-Functionalized Glasses”
European Commission – Horizon 2020 Framework Program – Spreading Participation
FunGlass targets the upgrade of the existing Centre of excellence for ceramics, glass and silicate materials (CEKSiM) in Trenčin, Slovakia, to an internationally recognized Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses (FunGLASS).
This included a CSA action (phase-1):
Preparation of a robust business plan based on:
- Benchmarking of the peer centres.
- Evaluation and preparation of feedback of the SWOT analysis of the CEKSiM.
- Detailed financial analysis of the CEKSiM.
- Roadmap of research and innovation activities.
- Presently, the partners are conduction an FPA-action (phase-2):
- Establishment of the Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses, as the upgrade of the CEKSiM.
- Creation of a system of incoming and outgoing management system for advanced research facilities.
- Creation of a student and researcher exchange program for access to research facilities of all partners.
- Building, re-construction, and adjustment of the premises for the Centre, including procurement of required research infrastructure.
- Hiring the requested research and administration staff. Envisioned numbers: 10 – 15 researchers with PhD degree or higher, 5 -10 administration workers and technicians.
- Completion of the interim training sessions of Slovak specialists on advanced research facilities in the advanced partners for knowledge transfer.
- Creation of an international graduate school issuing joint diplomas.
- Achievement of Center´s financial self-sufficiency.